Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is this mic on?

Hi.  I'm a a gamer.  I'm a gamer with a family. I'm a gamer with a family that hasn't been able to game because of life's curve balls.

I'm putting this blog together to hopefully give me a push back into tabletop gaming.  I was your typical gamer nerd for a while, then I managed to find a woman that put up with my idiosyncrasies. Several kids, a mortgage and some medical mishaps later,  I'm more of a work with my head down to get the bills paid kind of person.

In the interest of getting some stress out, someone advised to me do something I like to as a hobby.
So,  wargaming.

I recently found a cool looking tabletop game called Secrets of the Third Reich.  It's an alternate events World War 2 game set in 1949. You can check them out at SoTR 1949 for their forums or West Wind Productions for their miniatures line.

I hope to use this blog to document my foray into this game. I'll be  modeling up several forces for SoTR, and using them to demo games at my friendly local game store.

Stress relief, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment