Sunday, February 24, 2013

Progress despite my schedule!

So, I had a 3 day weekend.  Did this mean I could get half of what I wanted to do done?  Nooooo.
But I did make some progress.

I've almost finished up 3 of my Felid Berserker Suits for Gruntz 15mm.  They are Protolene Ayame suits from Critical Mass Games.  I'm using them as pseudo cyborg suits for fallen, disgraced warriors that were not allowed to die on the field due to cowardice or tactical blunders.
 Some base work and then dull-coat ad they will be done enough for me.

I've also made some progress on my "Ada, small woman with a BIG gun" from Dream Forge Games. I'm near complete on her, just a few touch ups, the basing, and she'll be good to go. 
I'm torn on the splinter camo. I liked the nice, clean look of the dark yellow base coat, but think it would be a bit too bland for an entire force of droptroops.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Test paint for my DFG models.

So, I managed to put together one of the five Ada promo models from the DreamForge Games kickstarter.
I broke out the airbrush and laid down some base coat work, then did a little block work and washing to define lines on the armor.
I think it's coming out well.  Next up will be camo work on the armor, then highlighting, and finally the head and basing.

I'm using Vallejo Air Color Dark Yellow for my droptrooper armor, to tie in with the Crusader armor plating when I get to it. I'll be doing the camo the same as my FJ models (swamp style camo) on this model to see how it looks, although I may decide to go with the ambush style camo that will be on my light and heavy mecha.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I got a box in the mail!

Life keeps giving me lemons to make lemonade with.  I'll keep truckin' along with it.

So, I managed a little more work on some 15mm sci-fi stuff, and put some paint on a few more FJ models.  I'm not getting anything painted up like I'd like to though.  Migraines keep interrupting my paint work :(

I did receive some new models that will hopefully get paint on soon, and will be easy to do with my new airbrush.
I contributed to the Dreamforge Games kickstarter back in the fall. Part of my rewards have come in now.

I have here a Leviathan Crusader, several extra bits for customization, and 5 each of the promo figures that were rewards.
This sucker is huge, almost the size of a 40k Warhound Titan.
I'm going to be using it in place of, or alongside, the resin copy I got last year as Weird War 2 German armor.  I think they will be very intimidating on the battlefield!

So, here's hoping I can get anything done this year.  Get thee away migraines!